Accessible Page Links



Page Tools

Main page Content

History

On 5 February 1873 a school was opened on the present site and named Bundanba State School. This name was taken from the Aboriginal name ‘Bundan’ meaning ‘place of good stone’. Three years later in 1876 the name was changed to Bundamba State School.

Nineteen children were enrolled as the first students in attendance but this soon grew to 68 students within a few years. The enrolment continued to increase over the years until today, where there are over 620 students at the school from prep to year 7.

Throughout the past decades floods and fire have contributed to the loss of the original heritage style buildings. However, under the Queensland Government’s State Schools of Tomorrow project and the Federal Government’s Building Education Revolution of 2009/10, the school has been rebuilt to exacting 21st century standards and now presents as a modern education facility.