At Bundamba State School we are very proud of our school. Originally built in 1873, the school has undergone many changes.
In recent years our school underwent an enormous transformation and our school now has facilities that rival any modern school. These facilities support our students in their learning, in their respect for the school and for its traditions in the 21st century.
The school fully supports all students, including those with special needs who are welcomed into the inclusive education program and mainstream learning.
The school offers many choices for our students across all year levels in sports, in music, through camps and other curricula activities.
The Bundamba State School community strives to be a learning environment where students can achieve their potential and become valued members of the society.
Elaboration - The vision is a clear statement that articulates:
- Our core business is learning.
- Our focus is on students – students are the purpose for the school’s being.
- We are goal orientated – students are to achieve their potentials and become valued members of society.
The vision defines our school’s purpose and our commitment to a shared future. It unites all members of the school community – students, parents and staff.
The key values are the foundations that drive the Bundamba State School vision. They underpin the relationships between students, staff, parents and the community.
Elaboration – The key values are beliefs or attitudes about which we are passionate. They are the foundation upon which our behaviour is based. The recognition that we give to our values defines our sense of belonging and the respect that we have for one another and our learning community.
At Bundamba State School, we value:
- Quality Relationships – this is reflected in the respect, care and compassion we have for each other.
- High Achievement – this is reflected in us individually doing our best and taking personal responsibility for our own learning.
- Meaningful Communication – this is reflected in our desire to understand each other and be an inclusive community where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging. Integrity features in all interactions with one another.
The key values are small words with enormous implications and power. All members of our learning community are invited to embrace our vision and adopt our key values as we build a bigger and better future for all students.